Herbalists and experts often say “Sheng da shu bu” when referring to notoginseng. “Sheng da”, in Chinese, means that when used in raw form, it can stop bleeding and promote blood circulation, dilated swelling, support heart function and relieve pain. “Shu bu” means that cooked notoginseng can help nourish and replenish blood, and tonify health, while improving immunity.
These changes are the results of a high-temperature process in which components in notoginseng such as saponins, polysaccharides and total flavonoids are easily destroyed. Studies have shown that the components isolated from notoginseng currently contain more than 80 kinds of saponins, flavonoids, volatile oils, amino acids, polysaccharides, starches, proteins, etc. After being cooked, their composition changes to some extent. For example, the saponins such as ginsenoside Rb1 and Rd are reduced, and ginsenosides Rg3 and Rg2 are enhanced. After the components are changed, the health benefits are changed sequentially.
Raw notoginseng is beneficial for the following conditions:
- Elevated blood pressure, blood sugar, and blood lipid
- Notoginseng helps to maintain blood pressure and cholesterol that are already within normal ranges, and may regulate blood sugar in both directions.
- Improving their cardiovascular and cerebrovascular systems
- Notoginseng helps dilate blood vessels, increase coronary flow and inhibit thrombosis. Liver disorders Notoginseng reduces liver glycogen consumption and improves liver microcirculation.
- Notoginseng can stop bleeding rapidly and has anti-inflammatory and analgesic functions. It may also promote blood circulation and remove blood stasis.
Steamed notoginseng is good to treat the following conditions:
- Cooked notoginseng helps to nourish blood. It has protective effects on blood cells and platelets, and also has a positive effect on the proliferation of multifunctional hematopoietic stem cells.
- Fatigue and low immunity
- Cooked notoginseng may improve immunity, enhance physical fitness and relieve fatigue. Radiant skin Cooked notoginseng contains antioxidants and may promote skin blood circulation, regulate endocrine and reduce pigmentation and other unwanted symptoms.
At Farlong, we use a modern steaming process in accordance with GMP standards to ensure temperature control, sterilization, controllability, quality and safety.